Friday, September 11, 2009

Silk Succubus Progression


Here's my girl with wings attached. Given the name I've given to the piece, you can probably see where I'm going with this. The right wing is cut off because she's on an 11x17" copier but her wingspan is 19." Damn!


Here she is with most of the base color. The tough part was figuring out what kind of outfit she should be wearing. Bikini seemed too cliche, but I didn't want to totally cover her up, either. Look at that figure, dammit! What to do? And what colors go with black and red? Well, I found a picture of Silk Specter that proved inspirational...


So here's what it eventually became, after about three hours of work. I'm still working on her hair and little details on the outfit, but I'm pretty close to being finished (by requirement--I have to hand in all my work on Monday night). Now you can see why she's called the Silk Succubus: it's an homage to her outfit. One of the toughest parts was the front of the corsette, and I'm still not entirely happy with it. Anyway, that's how it's going. Any last-minute suggestions? It's too late to change anything drastically, but I figured out how to do color replacements last night...

No comments: