Tuesday, December 21, 2010

New Wonder Woman

The Ame-Comi line has been pretty dead to me since the original Wonder Woman sculpt launched (which I bought). The rest of them have been too severely anime-inspired or just look stupid. Also, I thought the series had gone dark since Kotobukiya announced they'd started doing DC sculpts for their Boushijo line (which I fucking adore). Well, turns out Ame-Comi ain't quite done yet. They just announced two new figures--Wonder Woman (from the future or something) and Big Barda. I'm not crazy about the Big Barda sculpt, specifically her head, but Wonder Woman looks like of awesome. I've said this before, but I love it when artists mess with her traditional uniform. This is certainly different, but it's cool and futuristic and armor-clad. I like it.


Unfortunately, these things don't launch until August, so the company has plenty of time to cock up the final design before then.

No comments: