Monday, January 04, 2010

Not Dead Yet!

Happy New Year, Merry Squidmas, and all that jazz. I've been woefully neglectful of this blog over the past ten days, and I apologize for it. Between the holidays, the layoff, and my Quest for Reemployment, things have been understandably slow. I'm sad to report that the Big Interview I was basically set to nail did not go as planned. The job I was interviewing for wasn't really the job they were interviewing ME for, if that makes any sense. I left confused. I will hear back from them at the end of the month, and I instantly started shooting off resumes to other companies.

I'm relieved to say that I've interest has already been generated. I've signed up for unemployment benefits to cover the downtime, and I was relieved to hear that, since my last day was the 1st, my benefits run through the entire month. After that, I get very cheap COBRA benefits (like very cheap).

Other than that, I've been gaming pretty heavily. I got a lot of games for my birthday and Christmas, so I'm slowly slogging through my backlog so that I can get to the new material. I've been reading Scott Sampson's excellent Dinosaur Odyssey and doing an awesome feathered dinosaur puzzle. I got Gamera the Brave for Christmas, and Scott, we've gotta watch it together, buddy. You and Raven should come over sometime. We'll make food and watch daikaiju.

1 comment:

Zachary Miller said...

It's hard to describe. Scott basically uses dinosaurs to discuss basic tenants of biology, ecology, and concepts like continental drift and adaptation. It's really good, and it's filled with delicious Skrepnick illustrations.