Friday, September 12, 2008

Guitar Hero 4 Tracklist Revealed

It's been awhile since I did a Guitar Hero post. Today, Activision revealed the full setlist for Guitar Hero: World Tour, which comes out in October. Today, in fact, I'm selling my PS2 games and my guitars in order to purchase the PS3 version of the new game, which will kick ass, if PAX was any indication. All of the tracks are based on master recordings. All of them. So we won't see any more "As Made Famous By..." when starting up a song. The full setlist is HERE. The songs I'm most excited about:

The Eagles - "Hotel California" (boys, we have to play this one together!)
Fleetwood Mac - "Go Your Own Way"
Jimmie Hendrix - "Purple Haze" & "The Wind Cries Mary"
Linkin Park - "What I've Done"
Michael Jackson - "Beat It"
Muse - "Assassin"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
Pat Benatar - "Heartbreaker"
Willie Nelson - "On the Road Again"

Start saving your pennies, kiddies! October's going to be a busy (and expensive) month for me. Silent Hill: Homecoming, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Guitar Hero 4, and Fallout 3 all arrive near the end of that spooky month. Hopefully I'll be able to get a review copy of Castlevania to alleviate some of the sheer cost.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so glad that the tracks are the originals and no longer "As Made Famous By"... that really bugged me because you could most definitely tell you were just playing to a cover band.

By the way, I noticed you're getting the PS3 version. That's probably the one I'll be getting too... do you have a 360? If you don't (or if you're looking to get another PS3), I suggest you take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on right now where you can win the system of your choice. Currently there are less than 300 entrants, and there are weekly prizes to win such as Rise of the Argonauts and 6 Hour Power energy shots. Check out the contest details here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog, Zach. I figured you might be interested. Let me know if you enter and I'd be happy to vote for your design. I work with 6HP so if you have any questions about the contest or the drink itself, just let me know.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Zachary Miller said...

Right on. With an art show coming up, I don't know if I'll have time to design anything, but I'll certainly check it out. Thanks for the info, brother.

lantaro said...

Santeria?

I just came.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Santeria is a really cool addition... possibly Sublime's best song.

Zachary, good luck with the art show. The contest ends October 8th so let me know if you make a design by that time. Good luck if you enter. Have a good one.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Peter Bond said...

Ohhh yeah! Man, I only have a PS2 and have recently bought Guitar Hero 2 - it is awesome! I assume GH3 and 4 won't run on my old PS2, eh? Oh well, it's a great track list for GH4 (Hendrix, Mac and the Eagles - needed!)

Unknown said...

Actually Peter, Guitar Hero 3 and 4 were released on the PS2 too, but it was made by a different developer and I don't know if all those songs are in it...

You might want to try entering that 6 Hour Power contest I mentioned too since it's a great time to get one of those systems with the strong holiday line-up of games coming out soon. Let me know if any of you guys do enter..

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com