Monday, July 14, 2008

Update

I got my awesome T.rex book on Friday, and it kicks ass. My favorite paper is one in which Thomas Holtz, Jr. tears apart the "obligate scavenger" hypothesis, which I'll be blogging about shortly. The book comes with a cool CD-ROM which includes supplementary material including an awesome animated T.rex skeleton (investigating how T.rex sat down and got back up), a visual atlas of the big theropod's skull bones, and some other interesting nuggets. All in all, it's a great book. I'm still waiting on the fossil dog book, though. That book was delayed, which is odd, because there are two copies in the physical store.

I also found a way to make my own DS/GBA game cases. The problem first arose when I bought Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS, and found that the game came in a big cardboard box without a proper game case. The solution was quite simple: find an empty DS case and create my own insert label. One of my NWR colleagues turned me on to The Cover Project, a site dedicated to creating custom game case insert labels (including On Tour). It didn't take me long to realize that I could do the same for GBA games, as DS cases include a space for GBA games. So I ordered a set of 10 empty DS boxes from Nintendo of America's website, and printed a bunch of awesome high-res insert labels. I am very excited.

No comments: