Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Got back from the Emerald City last night, and I'm happy to report that I have some idea of where the convention center is, now, so I'm all set for PAX in August. We took a shuttle from the airport to our downtown hotel, and didn't bother to rent a car (thank goodness). Gina and I walked an awful lot, to four malls, Pike Street Market, the Seattle Aquarium, Pioneer Square, and a comic shop called Zanadu.

I found some cool stuff, including a Super Mario Bros. 3 T-shirt, a print of the original Godzilla: King of the Monsters movie poster from the 50's, a signed and numbered Frank Cho print, and an ocarina (of time). While at a Pioneer Square bookstore, I found a book about California's Mesozoic wildlife--a book previously recommended to me by Darren Naish. It was used, and I picked it up for a song. Great book--I didn't realize that California had so many marine reptiles. Not so many dinosaurs, but a ton of marine reptiles.

I got a bunch of art done while in Seattle, too, and I intend to post it all in the coming days. Well, okay, most of it. There's a particular hellasaur that will doubtlessly be the subject of a new Microecos post in the coming days.

No comments: