Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hey, guys, what's up?


So I've been busy. Really busy, as the photo above shows. Doing what? Building things with my Pixelblocks, of course. This would be Shantae, from the Game Boy Color game of the same name. But aside from that, I've been playing video games (mostly Assassin's Creed 2) and getting back into the drawing thing. But honestly, most of my time has been spent job-hunting, and I've discovered a very interesting, if annoying, fact: for every thirty resumes you send out, you get two or three responses. One place emailed me back enthusiastically and asked if they could set up a phone interview for the next day. Sure, I said. They never called, and didn't respond to emails from me asking what's going on. So, you know, awesome.

But yesterday I got a potentially awesome job offer from a law firm. There are some kinks to work out, including the starting pay, but they seem very willing to accomodate me. I'm a little worried that I'll have to accept a drop in salary for my first year (compared to my last job), but after that first year, I get to start billing time, which opens up a whole new pay grade. Hopefully it will all work out. And no, I still haven't seen Avatar. I did see Gamera the Brave, the newest daikaiju film starring everyone's favorite rocket-powered turtle, and I basically hated it. Some of the Showa-era films treated the character with more respect than this one did. Still, it's good to have in my collection.

I've also made a short list of cheap video games I'm going to buy when I get a job and start making money again: Let's Tap, Madworld, and Retro Game Challenge. The first two based on kitch factor, the third because I'm actually interested in it. The first game exists mainly for its awesome soundtrack whereas the second one looks like a video game version of Sin City. They're all stupid cheap, so it's a win-win.

I also participated in two podcasts this week, both over at Nintendo World Report. I did my usual color commentary for the NWR Newscast and a special guest appearance on the Radio Trivia Podcast, which is still being edited. Maybe I can entice the Radio Free Nintendo crew to let me join in this week so I can get all three in the same week, thus completing the NWR Podcast Ironman challenge. That's about it, then. I should have a substantial post up before...you know...too long. Maybe with some good news attached to it. Huzzah!

2 comments:

lantaro said...

Excelsior!

tanystropheus said...

It's good to have you back, Zach!
I wasn't at all impressed with the previews for "Gamera The Brave", and having now read of your distaste for the film, I don't think I'll bother picking up a copy, as I don't want it to ruin the 90's trillogy for me.