Wednesday, January 14, 2009


A long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away, When Pigs Fly had a weekly comic. This comic had no official title, but it was hosted on my old blog (WPF v.1.0). It took a lot of work, honestly, which is why it didn't last. Each comic was hand-drawn--sketched, inked, scanned, shrunk, and edited (and worded) with whatever primitive digital editing software I had at the time. The frames you see were measured and hand-drawn, too, and they're pretty big. The comic originated on an 11x17" piece of paper, so there was a lot of space to fill. Despite these pratfalls, the comic lasted an impressive length of time, surviving for a few entries in the blog you currently read. No, seriously, click the "Comics" tag.

I bring this up for two reasons. First, I'm going to post my favorites from the old blog. Second, I'd like to get back into the habit, although it's not like I'm already weighed down with self-inflicted art projects or anything. Anyway, enjoy the comics. The one is more or less an homage to my McFarlane Dragons collection. I would totally buy this product.

1 comment:

lantaro said...

Hell yes! I miss the goofy-looking representation of myself on paper. Awesome sauce. Makes me wanna draw Cecil, Frank, and the gang again. I need to buy a scanner...