Sunday, January 06, 2008

I Blame the Apparatus

I've been back in town for a few days now, scanner at the ready. I've got a McLarge Huge post about Indohyus, early whales, and what the former means for the latter. I drew a picture of Indohyus that's a bit different than Carl Buell's interpretation, but my Wacom tablet is on the fritz, so I can't color the little bastard or put hair on him. And since I'm fairly certain, given Indohyus' limb anatomy, that it wasn't hippo-like, so I'd like to put some hair on it.

But good things come to those who wait. Actually, some of you might know the answer to my Wacom woes. Here's the deal: I haven't used the Wacom for like six months. I plugged it in today, and the damn thing starts registering a line (on Corel & Photoshop) before the pen touches the tablet. That little green light that's supposed to light up when the pen hits the tablet? It's green a few centimeters before that. I also cannot "click" things by tapping the pen to the tablet. Clicking doesn't work, and the drawing is screwed up. If anybody knows how to right these wrongs, please speak up!

2 comments:

Brianne, You may call me Mistressyness said...

Ahh, the answer to your woes is simple...
dump the Dell and get a Mac...
Ever cheerfully yours,
Brian.

Anonymous said...

Interesting blog you got here. It would be great to read more about this topic. The only thing I would like to see on that blog is a few photos of some devices.
Kate Flouee
Phone jammer