Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Boneyard

My blog buddy Brian Switek, a.k.a. Laelaps, has been compiling paleo-related blog stories from around the Interweb for some time now. In celebration of the 2nd Edition of the Boneyard, Julia Heathcote has conjured up a wonderful signpost pointing in the Boneyard's direction. Check out the fancy picture link below the main links!

Thanks to Julia, for teaching me how to post the thing in HTML, of which I know absolutely nothing about, and for creating such a wonderful little signpost!

And thanks to Brian, for creating the Boneyard in the first place. At the very least, it makes me work extra hard every two weeks to write something awesome about paleontology! :-)

3 comments:

Julia said...

Aw, thanks Zach.

Answering your query about hosting the image, it's really not a problem (after all, the I Power Blogger symbol is hosted on Blogger's server and it's all okay).

If you want to host it on your own page, the simplest way I can think of doing it is to create a blank post in Blogger. Right click on the logo and save it on your hard drive. Then go to insert image, and upload the logo. This will put it in a blank post.

Go to "edit HTML" and find the URL after the img src code - it'll be between ""s. Copy that link, and where you've posted the logo in the sidebar, replace my URL with the one you've just copied.

Then you can delete the blank post you've made. I am sure there's an easier way of uploading an image onto Blogger, but I'm not very knowledgeable about actually using Blogger because I have my own template and it's hosted on my own website.

But does that help at all?

Zach said...

That helps a lot, Julia. I'll try that later tonight. Thanks again for teaching me how to use HTML. I was telling Neil (of the Dragon's Tale) that I can barely navigate my email and this blog, much less the HTML formatting. :-)

Julia said...

A year ago I couldn't do anything in HTML either - there is hope! Very happy to help out though - please feel free to ask me if you need anything. I'm really not very good with Javascript or style sheets, but with a blog that's pretty much sorted out for you anyway.